It is very important that bull semen is thawed consistently at the right temperature.
You should always contact your Semen Provider for their actual recommendations.
Here are some examples:
- Normal semen 35-36°C (95°F) for 45 seconds
- Sexed semen 36-37°C (98°F) for 40 seconds
If the correct settings are not followed then a percentage of sperm may die long before they ever see a cow, this has even greater consequences for sexed semen and older straws.
Our new Dairymac Digital SUPERTHAW™ is designed and manufactured in the UK and based on a comprehensive list of ‘needs’ and ‘ desires’ in our discussions with farmers, Ai Technicians and Vets.
Dairymac Superthaw™ with AI Gun Warmer Lid
- Adjustable digital temperature 20-45°C
- (99% accuracy) which can be set at correct temperature for normal and sexed semen
- Built in countdown timer with buzzer – one button operation
- Gun warmer chamber – keep thawed straws and guns at a stable temperature
- Large removable straw basket
- Watertight lid with pressure relief valve
- Fully insulated flask to help retain heat
- Latest low energy use rated electronics
- Supplied with 120-220vdc & 12vdc power supplies
- CE, UL and cUL compliant
You may also like